One of the most common complaints hairdressers hear from their clients today is that they just don't have the time or skill needed to create a fun cool style with their hair. If you're looking for an effortless fix to that, we've got an answer for you right here: heatless styling! Not only will it help keep your hair in great shape (you're not putting all that constant damaging heat on your hair), but it will leave heads turning in your direction all day long wondering where and how you got your locks to look so good.
All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
(1) after washing your hair, try extracting the excess water and moisture with an old tee-shirt rather than roughing it up with a towel since this tends to agitate the cuticle.
(2) once your hair is in its "towel-dried" state, split the hair into 4 sections: depending on how you wear your hair, create the first two sections by making a right, center or left side part; follow the part to the center back of your head, all the way down to the nape. Create the next two sections by making an ear to ear parting across the top of your head.
(3) once you have the 4 sections in place, take the hair in the front right quadrant and twist it back, away from your head. Once it's twisted nice and tight, wrap it up into a little bun & secure it in place with a pin (for those with heavier amounts of hair, try subdividing and use more than one section to pin up the hair).
(4) repeat on the other side and in the back.
(5) let your hair air dry. When you're ready to head out the door, remove the pins, flip your head upside down & shake it out. Try using some sea salt or dry texture spray for added piecieness.
Once you flip your head back up, you'll have beautiful jaw dropping beach waves! For those with frizzy or unruly hair, try adding a smoothing cream or serum to the hair before twisting it up. For those wanting to add even more movement and dimension, try subdividing the hair into even more sections and twist the hair in different directions (some forward, some back) before pinning it up!